We all know the way to a man’s heart is his tummy, so what better way to treat your dad on his special day than giving him a whole feast to enjoy.
Here’s A Delicious Father’s Day Gift menu that takes advantage of NRTC Fresh’s summer produce and will win your dad’s heart. And for those based in the UAE who are skeptical about leaving their homes to shop for ingredients, you can order fruits and vegetables online through our platform.
Here’s A Delicious Father’s Day Gift menu that takes advantage of NRTC Fresh :
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados, diced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients; diced avocados, chopped red onions, fresh cilantro leaves, 1Tb of fresh lime juice and salt to taste.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips or bread.
Veggie Stuffed Eggplant
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line your baking pan with a foil or baking sheet.
- Cut each eggplant into half and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh from the halves, forming the eggplant shells.
- Chop the scooped flesh from the eggplant and set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the insides of the eggplant shells evenly.
- Place the eggplant shells upwards on the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes and remove to set aside
- While your eggplant shells roast in the oven, add your remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add your chopped onions and carrots to the heated oil and cook until softened. Add tomato paste, cumin, and garlic also and stir for about 1 minute. Add diced fresh tomatoes, bell pepper and the reserved chopped eggplant flesh and stir until the eggplant flesh is tender. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley.
- Fill the roasted eggplant shells with the cooked veggies and crumbled feta cheese evenly.
- Broil the veggie-filled eggplant in the oven until the feta cheese is melted and golden and it’s ready to serve.
You can choose from the variety of Eggplant available with NRTC Fresh fruits and vegetables home delivery service.
Watermelon & Orange Flavored Pops
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 16 popsicles
- ½ large watermelon, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Combine the watermelon, sugar, and freshly squeezed orange juice in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add the mint lastly to combine. Pour the mixture into the pop molds and insert the wooden sticks all the way inside the molds. Freeze for at least 8-10 hours.
- To unfreeze the ice pops, insert the molds in hot water for 5 to 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
These nutrient-rich dishes are so tasty that the dads in your life may not even realize they’re eating better!
All these fresh vegetables and fruits used in the recipes can be ordered from our online platforms.
Just order vegetables online and cook something special for your Dad Gift.