Do you ever find yourself short of time and in need to prepare a simple, quick and nutritious meal for your kids’ school lunches? Don’t worry; NRTC Fresh has got your back. Back-to-school means back to lunch recipe and freshness, and with our fresh fruits and vegetables, there are loads of easy-to-make and healthy recipes that will make your kids fall in love with feasting on fresh fruits and veggie delights! It’s also a great way to get the kids involved in making their healthy snacks.
At NRTC Fresh, we provide premium fresh fruits and vegetables online to make grocery shopping easier for you and your loved ones. Our team works hard to provide fresh fruits and fresh vegetable delivery to Dubai and all other emirates while enabling healthier lives for all our customers. With schools resuming soon, we aim to provide wholesome meals through our fresh produce and help them enjoy the goodness of what nature has to offer!
Here are 3 delicious and nutritious back-to-school lunch ideas using fresh fruits and fresh vegetables online from NRTC Fresh :
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100g granulated sugar 100 grams
- 80g brown sugar packed – 80 grams
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 150g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1cup fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup fruit jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 175°C and line 3 muffin pans with parchment paper or use non-stick pans and grease lightly.
- Use a whisk to combine the Greek yoghurt, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the granulated and brown sugar until completely incorporated.
- Add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir just until combined. Fold in the fresh raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries from NRTC Fresh.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the bottom of each parchment paper, spreading it to cover the bottom completely. Top with 2 teaspoons of jam and cover with the remaining batter (about one tablespoon per muffin cup), covering the jam fully.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown, the toothpick comes out clean, and batter around the berries appears set. Cool to room temperature and top with whipped cream and more berries from NRTC Fresh.
Cucumber Rolls :
- 120g cream cheese low-fat
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 bell pepper, red
- one bell pepper green
- 1 carrot
- A handful of Coriander and mint leaves (optional)
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature and mix with a spoon to soften.
- Wash and dry the cucumbers from NRTC Fresh. Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumbers into thin strips.
- Cut the bell peppers and carrots from NRTC Fresh into thin strips (matchstick pieces).
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese down each cucumber slice. On one end, place a handful of carrots and bell peppers. You may add the coriander and mint leaves from NRTC Fresh and additional herbs for extra taste.
- Roll up and serve!
Veggie Pizza Squares
- 2 loaves of fresh bread
- 240 g cream cheese low-fat
- 1 cup ranch dressing low-fat
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- one cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper finely chopped
- one cup yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Cut the loaves of bread into slices and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing until smooth and spread evenly with a rubber spatula over the bread slices.
- Top the bread slices crust with the carrots, broccoli, onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, and cucumber from NRTC Fresh. Lightly press them down, so they don’t fall off when you cut them up.
- Top with fresh basil from NRTC Fresh and serve!
With these quick, simple, and healthy recipes, you can be sure to satisfy your kids’ school lunch cravings in no time and enable them to eat more nutritiously. At NRTC Fresh, there is always something for everyone. In addition to fruits and vegetable online shopping, we also provide fruit basket delivery, pre-cut fruits and vegetables, fruit platters, and floral hampers. Customers can shop all these online on our website www.nrtcfresh.com or through the NRTC Fresh mobile application available on Google Play and the App Store.