In Father’s Day, we offer all food they love , This is an expression for all of us because Father are full of reliability, respect, and security. In many households, they are often the sole breadwinner and support their family’s financial and physical needs. From their trusty advice to encouraging words of wisdom, their love knows no bounds.
As a role model to their children, Fathers are selfless and compassionate, seeking always to be involved with their family, even if it means getting off work early to enjoy quality family time or cook up a special surprise Father are full of reliability, respect, and security. In many households, they are often the sole breadwinner and support their family’s financial and physical needs . So, on Father’s Day, we offer the best recipes for foods that everyone loves.
The Father’s Day, we’re sharing three mouth-watering healthy recipes that speak volumes of fatherly love and affection. With fresh fruits and vegetables online from NRTC Fresh, these meals will warm their hearts and make them feel extra-loved in no time! Don’t forget to tag @nrtcfresh on social media when you try it out for yourself!
Here are three Father’s Day ideas :-
Cabbage Fajita Bowl
- 1 small head cabbage
- 3 Tbsps. extra virgin olive oil,
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- two small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, cored and thinly sliced
- one tsp smoked paprika
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- ½ avocado sliced
- 2 tsp cilantro
- Remove the cabbage stem and chop the head into 2-inch pieces. Pulse the cabbage and cilantro from NRTC Fresh in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Warm half of the olive oil over medium heat on a skillet. Add the cabbage mixture with lime juice and half of the cumin and chili powder. Add salt to taste. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until slightly soft. Turn the heat low while cooking the other vegetables.
- In a separate skillet, warm the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the NRTC Fresh onions, sprinkle with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the NRTC Fresh bell peppers, jalapenos, remaining cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika while continuously stirring. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the beans to the skillet with the peppers and stir. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until well combined.
- Serve the cabbage mixture with the cooked onion, peppers and beans. Top with salsa, avocadoes, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
Beetroot flat cakes with Tzatziki
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 3 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 2 small onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium raw beets, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- one Tbsp. oil + more for cooking patties
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine the oats, chickpeas and NRTC Fresh Dill in a food processor and pulse for 5 seconds. Pour the vinegar and continue blending until the mixture is finely chopped and sticks firmly together when pressed between fingers. Scoop the mixture, place it in a bowl and leave aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and beetroots from NRTC Fresh into the food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and warm the oil. Add the chopped onion, garlic and beetroot mixture from the food processor, season with salt and cook for 5-8 minutes until soft. Once done, transfer the mixture to the bowl with the initial chickpea blend.
- Add the chickpea flour to the bowl and stir until all ingredients are well combined. If the mixture seems too wet, add more chickpea flour until dry enough to make flat patties.
- Scoop a ¼ cup of the mixture and form individual patties using your hands. Cook the patties in a greased skillet over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
- Make the tzatziki by combining the yoghurt with the lemon juice, cucumber, dill, mint and garlic from NRTC Fresh. Stir well until thoroughly combined. Serve the flat cake patties topped with tzatziki.
Roasted Vegetable Skewers
- 2 cups White Mushrooms
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Carrot, chopped into chunks
- one Green Capsicum, chopped into chunks
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped into chunks
- one Red Onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 Yellow Zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- one Green Zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh Oregano finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh Basil finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, oregano and basil from NRTC Fresh and season with salt and pepper.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes before skewering the vegetables
- Thread the NRTC Fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, capsicums, onion and zucchini onto skewers alternating between them. Place the skewers onto a baking sheet, brush the marinade mixture onto the skewers and leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the skewers into the oven and roast for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tender. Serve immediately. Alternatively, these can be grilled over medium-high heat for approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
All fresh fruits and vegetables mentioned can be found at NRTC Fresh and ensure Father’s Day is best, one of the UAE’s leading suppliers of fresh fruits and vegetables. With an extensive array of natural produce and reliable delivery, customers can shop everything from gifting fruit boxes to juices and fresh fruits and vegetables online through our website or the NRTC Fresh mobile application on the App Store and Google Play.