Ever thought about making a healthy and wholesome burger at home? With NRTC Fresh, there’s no need to order in when you’ve got fresh produce that can mimic the succulent texture and juiciness of a gourmet burger while providing you with some excellent nutrients.
NRTC Fresh provides fresh fruits and fresh vegetables delivery in Dubai and other emirates and by enabling you to order fruits and vegetables online, we save your time and money. With help from our experienced teams, we help provide you with the best and freshest variety of in-season local and international produce, which you can consume in various ways – including super delicious veggie burgers!
With vegetarian burgers taking over the culinary scene, what better way to enjoy healthy eating than making your own veggie burger from scratch. Here’s a guilt-free vegetarian burger recipe that will satisfy your cravings!
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 100g broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ beetroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 175g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 50g walnuts, halved
- 100g spinach leaves
- 15g Coriander leaves
- 15g parsley
- 15g chives
- 50g homemade breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 30g tomato paste
- 150g cooked brown rice
- Whole wheat burger buns
- lettuce, tomato, cheese and favourite burger condiments
- Heat the oven to 200°C and line 2 baking sheets with foil. Roughly chop the mushrooms, carrot, broccoli, onion, bell pepper and beetroot from NRTC Fresh into small chunks.
- Place the chopped pieces into a food processor and add the garlic, olive oil, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, chilli powder, salt, pepper and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Spread the ground mixture onto one of the baking sheets and gently pat with a spatula until a thin layer of vegetables spreads over the entire baking sheet.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes and keep stirring and pressing them from time to time if they start to brown.
- When the vegetables have roasted for 10-15 minutes, remove them from the oven, stir them and press into a thin layer again. Spread the drained black beans onto the second baking sheet, place both baking sheets into the oven and roast until the beans split and the vegetables look toasted (another 10-15 minutes). Once done, let both of the sheets cool.
- While the vegetables and beans are in the oven, add the walnuts, spinach, coriander, parsley and chives into the food processor and pulse until they look like small breadcrumbs.
- Add the cooled beans and pulse until the beans look crumbly.
- Whisk the flaxseed with water and set it aside for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the roasted veggies, breadcrumbs, flaxseed paste and tomato paste and pulse until combined while keeping some texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold the rice in. Once folded, divide equally into patties of the desired size. Heat a pan over medium-low heat, add oil and place patties in the pan. Cook until heated through and browned on both sides.
- Once cooked, place in a wholegrain burger bun and add slices of cheese, lettuce, tomato and preferred condiments.
With a burger recipe as scrumptious and healthy as this, we doubt you’ll consider ordering burgers again! Want to buy the recipe’s fresh fruits and vegetables online? At NRTC Fresh, you can find these fruits and vegetables at great prices and even buy them in bulk! We simplify your life by delivering prepacked fruits and vegetable boxes to your doorstep. Are you tired of chopping them too? No worries, we even supply clean pre-cut produce for your convenience. Customers can shop for fresh fruits and vegetables online on www.nrtcfresh.com/ or through the NRTC Fresh mobile application.