Joyous occasions call for great hospitality and welcoming food. Nowadays, there are many dishes that can be made to celebrate the spirit of companionship, gratitude, and sharing that Eid-al-Adha brings. However, they usually require the freshest produce. At NRTC Fresh, we offer premium fresh fruits and vegetables online so that you can prepare wholesome meals with top-quality produce for every occasion, including a cheerful Eid!
Here are three flavourful and homely vegetarian dishes which capture the Eid values of generosity and loving bonds while providing a hearty feast for all.
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
2 cups Quinoa rinsed
2 cups Water
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Red Cabbage shredded
1 cup spinach chopped
½ cup Tomato sliced
½ cup Cucumber sliced
2 Red Peppers diced
1 Carrot diced
1 bunch Baby Broccoli de-stemmed
1 handful Cilantro chopped
1 cup Corn kernels
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Tahini
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp freshly minced Ginger
1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
1/4 tsp Salt
- Mix the quinoa, salt, and water in a small pot. Once brought to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the NRTC Fresh corn and lightly steam the NRTC Fresh carrot and broccoli in different pots – make sure they remain slightly crunchy.
- Once quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in Red Cabbage, Spinach, Tomato, Cucumber, Cilantro, Boiled Corn, Red Pepper, Carrot, and Broccoli from NRTC Fresh and mix gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients with the freshly minced Ginger from NRTC Fresh together.
- Pour dressing into quinoa, and toss with each addition. Do this until all the dressing has been used.
- Garnish with chopped nuts of your choice and thin slices of Lemon from NRTC Fresh.
Veggie-Stuffed Eggplant with Tangy Tahini Sauce
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggplants, cut in half length-wise and center scooped out
Olive oil (about 4 tablespoons, divided use)
2 small onions, finely diced
5 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped spinach
1 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tsp chopped coriander
Tahini Sauce Ingredients:
½ cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini paste
1 tbsp Honey
4 cloves garlic
4 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the tangy tahini sauce by processing all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth; pour into a dish, and set aside while making the rest of the recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, coriander, cumin and cinnamon, and set aside
- Place the six NRTC Fresh eggplant halves, flesh-side up, onto the baking sheet, and drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil on top of the eggplants and sprinkle ⅓ of the seasoning mix from your bowl along with a few pinches of salt and pepper; place into the oven to roast until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 35 minutes.
- While the eggplants are roasting, place a pan over medium-high heat, and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil; once hot, add in the diced onion from NRTC Fresh and saute until tender, then add in the remainder of the seasoning mix along with some salt and pepper, the garlic from NRTC Fresh and the red pepper flakes and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add to the mixture the cooked rice, the chopped cherry tomatoes, the chopped parsley, spinach, coriander and mint from NRTC Fresh, and fold together to combine; keep warm.
- Fill each roasted eggplant with equal portions of the filling, place onto a plate; drizzle over some tangy tahini sauce, and garnish with extra mint or parsley. Can serve with freshly sliced tomatoes and onion.
Classic Vegetable Soup
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp ground fennel seed
1tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp salt
5 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
15oz can diced tomatoes
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup corn boiled
1 cup peas boiled
3 bay leaves
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a stockpot pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery from NRTC Fresh along with the tomato paste. Stir continuously and cook until the vegetables have softened and the onions are translucent.
- Add the NRTC Fresh garlic, fennel, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt and cook while stirring for one minute.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes and their juices, as well as the stock/broth.
- Add the potatoes and cabbage from NRTC Fresh along with the bay leaves. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil. Partially cover the pot with a lid, and maintain a simmer while lowering the heat.
- Simmer until the potatoes and other vegetables are tender. Add the boiled peas and corn from NRTC Fresh and cook for five more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and remove the bay leaves. Stir in the lemon juice Taste and season with more salt, pepper, or vinegar. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Looking to purchase the freshest produce in the UAE? NRTC Fresh provides an extensive variety of fresh fruits and vegetables in Dubai and all other emirates. By sourcing premium produce locally and internationally, we strive to make your Eid meals more memorable and healthy! To view our full range of fresh fruits and vegetables, visit our website or download our mobile application available on the App Store and Google Play.