With the holy month of Ramadan underway, maintaining the body’s nutrition levels is a paramount objective. Fasting can take a toll on your physical health if not preceded by a filling and nourishing Suhoor meal. Stocking up on foods with rich antioxidant content and consuming fresh fruits and vegetables are great ways to sustain your energy levels and prevent possible lethargy in the form of headaches and dizziness. At NRTC Fresh, our online delivery of fresh fruits and vegetables provides the utmost convenience for enjoying healthy Ramadan dishes.
Here are three fun-filled meal ideas to ensure that your Suhoor is loaded with energizing essentials for the body and mind!
Healthy porridge bowl
150g porridge oats
½ Banana, sliced
1 Tbsp chopped almond
1 Tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the oats, milk, water, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a small saucepan and heat until the oatmeal cooks and thickens. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
- When done, pour the oatmeal into a bowl and top it with NRTC Fresh bananas, raspberries and blueberries while garnishing with chia seeds and chopped almonds.
2 slices whole grain bread
1 peeled and seeded Avocado
2 tablespoons chopped Coriander
2 sliced Cherry tomatoes
½ sliced Onion
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Lime juice
½ tsp Seasme Seeds
½ tsp Chia Seeds
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Toast the slices of whole grain bread in a toaster until crispy.
- In a small bowl combine and mash the NRTC Fresh avocado, onion, coriander, lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the paste on both pieces of toasted bread and top with NRTC Fresh cherry tomato slices
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chia seeds and chilli flakes (optional), and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Chickpea Veggie Bowl
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 halved Figs
½ cup chopped cucumber
½ cup chopped tomato
¼ cup olives
¼ cup green peas
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
Juice of 1 Lemon
½ cup cottage cheese
- Combine the cooked chickpeas with NRTC Fresh cucumber, tomato, lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add in the NRTC Fresh figs, green peas and coriander. Then top the dish with cottage cheese and olives.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Wondering where to shop fruits and vegetables online so that you can enjoy making these delicious Suhoor meals? NRTC Fresh provides a vast array of fresh fruits and vegetables in Dubai and all other emirates. We ensure that your Ramadan dishes will never be the same again! To view our full range of produce, visit our website or download our mobile application available on the App Store and Google Play.