New year means new resolutions! And in that spirit, we are inviting you to join the Veganuary challenge which is the perfect opportunity for adopting a healthier lifestyle. To help you with the month-long challenge, NRTC Fresh is providing you with the Power Plant Box, a healthy mix of delicious fruits and veggies like Alfalfa Sprouts, Spinach, Chinese Cabbage, Pak Choi, Asparagus, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Guava, Avocado, Mushrooms, Eggplants, Potatoes, Beets and Carrots. The Power Plant Box is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and a whole lot of nutrients.
Here are simple healthy recipes you can try with the NRTC Fresh Power Plant Box ingredients:
Sautéed Mushroom Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound white or cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups salad greens, such as arugula or lettuce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sherry and cook until mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 1 minute more.
- Pour over greens in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bon Appetit!
Mixed Fruits Smoothie
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen banana slices, about 1 medium banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ large avocado
- Add coconut milk, pineapple juice, lime juice, spinach, pineapple, mango, bananas, ice cubes, and avocado to a blender.
- Cover and process on medium speed for about 30 seconds, using the tamper as needed. Increase to high speed for 15 to 30 seconds until thick and smooth.
- Adjust with more coconut milk or pineapple juice if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve in a cup. Enjoy!
Grated Beet, Carrot & Broccoli Salad
- For the Salad:
- mixed greens (enough to fill one medium-sized salad bowl)
- ¾ cup carrots, grated
- ¼ cup beets, grated
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- dried 1 heaping tbsp cranberries
- 1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
2. For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp hemp seed oil
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add all salad components together in a bowl.
- Stir together well.
- In a separate bowl, add all dressing ingredients and stir them together.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl, stir well.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Being one of the best fresh fruit and vegetable companies in Dubai, our fresh produce is ethically sourced with no hormone additives or artificial preservatives. Order these inspired festive gift ideas online from NRTC Fresh and put a smile on your loved ones this season.