It’s the spooky season and, though candies are part of the norm for Halloween treats, we have compiled easy pumpkin recipes that are healthy and perfect to try out this season!
You can get all the pumpkins you need as well as fresh fruits and vegetables from NRTC Fresh to have a spectacular Halloween treat!
Check out the recipes below and Bon Appetit!
What better way to start your Halloween than having some pumpkin soup? The ideal spooktacular starter for a Halloween party. You can also use a hollowed-out pumpkin to serve as the perfect bowl for this spiced Halloween pumpkin soup.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 eaches whole black peppercorns
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into a hollowed pumpkin and garnish with fresh parsley.
Roasted Pumpkin Chips
We all love some fries because it’s easy to snack on. How about you try a healthy alternative to potato chips like some pumpkin chips? They are high in vitamin A and will give you that crunch you looking for!
- Olive oil
- Ground clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, sea salt
- Heat oven to 400F. Using a large metal spoon, scoop out the seeds and insides of the pumpkin. Save the seeds for roasting. Use a sharp chef’s knife to cut slices of pumpkin, 1-inch thick.
- Place pumpkin slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and, rub on both sides of the pumpkin. Then season with salt, spices, and brown sugar. Roast for 18-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of pumpkin slices (check at 15-minute mark).
Pumpkin Spice Latte
We all got obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks and, it’s a staple we can’t just get over. Well, what if we told you that you easily make your version to spice things up this Halloween.